Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Weeks Seven and Eight




Week seven: 8 ml 

Week eight: 8 ml for a total of 48.5 ml

Kendall is achieving so many milestones at 11-months--talking, almost walking, cutting teeth, etc. that I haven't wanted her medical procedure to overshadow any of these important moments.

We are MAYBE half-way. Progress is slow, but progress is good.

I attended my friend Kat's wedding the week before we began this process, and during the ceremony, Chad reminded us of some wise words from Justin Bieber--The grass is greenest right where you stand. 

I think about this, a lot. Especially when comparing Kendall to other little girls who don't have an expanding breast implant coming out of their head. Most kid's don't carry around a sign saying I have cancer or I need a kidney transplant. Although Kendall's issue is very...noticeable...she is healthy. We have adapted to the special needs of the expander and things are going smoothly, naturally, and everyone has adjusted well. 

We have so much to be thankful for.




No comments:

Post a Comment