Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Week Six


Injection #4 was 10 ml, for a grand total of 31.5 ml. 


It is a guarantee that every Tuesday morning as I am making the drive to Gillette Children's in St. Paul, I will get anxious. And just as I am certain of this, I can also guarantee that Phillip Phillips will, at some point, grace his voice across the radio waves, telling me...

Settle down, it'll all be clear. Don't pay no mind to the demons, they fill you with fear. The trouble, it might drag you down. If you get lost, you can always be found. Just know you're not alone, 'cause I'm going to make this place your home.

And then I do the Ooooooh, ooohoooh, ooh ooh ooh ooh and Carter asks me to stop singing. 

We visit the 4th floor of Children's every week, the same floor that I carried my baby girl onto when this all began. We see the same doctors and nurses, have mini-therapy sessions with these doctors and nurses, and they're making our girl BETTER. It is not a scary place anymore. It is safe.

It is home, Phillip Phillips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment