Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week Seventeen


As I was driving into St. Paul today, there was a moment of I never thought this day would come. And, no joke, Phillip Phillip's voice came across the radio waves one last time to serenade the conclusion of our journey.

Hold on, to me as we go.
As we roll down this unfamiliar road.
And although this wave is stringing us along.
Just know you’re not alone,
Cause I’m going to make this place your home.

Settle down, it'll all be clear.
Don't pay no mind to the demons,
They fill you with fear.
The trouble it might drag you down.
If you get lost, you can always be found.

Just know you’re not alone,
Cause I’m going to make this place your home.

It's hard to believe that today was our last drive into St. Paul for Kendall's final injection.

This may sound strange, but the end of this experience is truly bittersweet. I'm actually finding myself thinking maybe they could do a few more injections...

Kendall has had the expander in for almost eighteen weeks and I've gotten so used to seeing her with it, that thinking about seeing her WITHOUT it is overwhelming. Seeing her nevus-free for the first time EVER will be a huge change as well.

I'm preparing myself for Monday morning and telling myself to keep-it-together, but I realize that there is no parent handbook for how to handle a situation like this. Breathe in, breathe out, take things one day or minute at a time--that's all I got.

I'm a planner and an organizer, and if there's one thing this experience has taught me, it's that not ALL things can be in my control.

There are some things that you just have to have faith.

Last feelings as we prepare to undergo surgery #2...

Excited, Nervous, Anxious...but most of all, thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment